“I have a dell desk top and I don’t know the password, how can I open the windows?”
For this problem, you can start your computer in safe mode and get passed the sign in then delete the account whose password is lost, but it depends who has administrative permission.
1. Restart your computer push F8 until it asks you how you want to start windows
2. Select to start up in safe mode
3. Click admin once the desktop loads.
Note: You should give you the option to use administration account or other accounts.
4. Once you get in safe mode, click Start >> Settings >> Control Panel >> User accounts
5. Then you can delete the old account and start a new one or you could just open a new account so you can use the computer.
Important: No matter which way you choose, please make sure you give yourself administrative options.
If the steps listed above don’t work, I’m afraid you have to resort to third-party applications. For this, the first thing you should do is to decide if you want to get free downloads and paid downloads. For freeware, it is highly recommended to have a try of Ophcrack, a completely free Windows password cracker based on Rainbow Tables.
But if you not good computer, just like me, my suggestion is to use Windows Password Unlocker to reset your forgotten Windows password to Dell Desktop. Why? It’s simply because everybody can use this program to easily reset lost password by following its user guide and it will cost users a few minutes to bypass the lost password and get back in the computer again. No any data damage or loss at all.
The following are its overall procedures:
1. Download and install Windows Password Unlocker in any computer that you can run as administrator.
2. Create a bootable password reset CD/DVD/USB.
3. Insert the bootable USB/CD/DVD in the computer you want to reset password of.
4. Boot from the bootable CD/DVD/USB.
5. Then reset the forgotten password to blank within a few clicks.
6. Log on to your dell desktop without password.